Friday, July 14, 2006

Reflection (4) - Researching for Final Assignment


It is very easy to come up with ideas. However, to make those ideas into reality is another story. But then there is something in between that process – research.

After deciding on the type of learning object and story-board, the research process proves to be as complicated as using the tools, such as Flash to make it something real. It is during this process that I decided to abandon the idea of using the MTR as the idea behind my device.

Why? After extensive searching in the libraries, the Internet (including its homepage), I realised it was more convenient for me to gain the data I need from the KCR instead. Though some of the KCR data I wanted could not be found, but overall, it was more accessible.

Given the time limitation we have to complete this whole assignment, it would be better for me to concentrate the next stages of the task – evaluate story-board and develop prototype.

2 Comments:

At Fri Jul 21, 06:46:00 PM 2006, Blogger Keith Ma said...

I also agree that MTR is not a good choice because it is time-consuming to implement the logic of finding nearest station from the complex MTR route map. It is not the main practice of this module.

If you choose KCR, you can concentrate on the quality of interactive visual representation which is the main concern in this module.

 
At Sat Aug 12, 09:28:00 AM 2006, Blogger blogaccount54 said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home